International students can apply for a fully financed master’s scholarship under the Joint Japan World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program 2024. The JJ/WBGSP scholarship will pay for the whole cost of education, lodging, flights in economy class, and a monthly living allowance.
WBGSP is available to women and men from developing countries who are applying to master’s programmes in development-related fields and who have relevant work experience as well as a track record of supporting their countries’ development efforts.
Joint Japan World Bank Graduate Scholarship for 26 Participating Programmes at institutions in the United States, Europe, Africa, Oceania, and Japan are available from JJWBGSP. These programmes focus on important development issues such as infrastructure management, tax policy, and economic policy management. If you are not accepted into any of these programmes, you are not qualified for a JJWBGSP Scholarship. After graduating, students from developing nations pledge to return home to apply their newfound skills and further the cultural and economic advancement of their countries.
Joint Japan World Bank Graduate Scholarship Summary
- Level of Study: Masters
- Institution(s): Newcastle University
- Study in: U.S., Europe, Africa, Oceania and Japan
- Opportunity Focus Areas: Click here to find the available masters opportunities
- Program Period: 2 years
- Deadline: (The next windows for scholarship applications will open in January and March 2024.)
- Goethe University Scholarships in Germany 2024 Fully Funded
- University of Hamburg Scholarships 2024
- Turkey Government Scholarship 2024
- University of Madrid Scholarships 2024 in Spain
- Postdoc Scholarships in Canada 2023-24 Fully Funded
Joint Japan World Bank Graduate Scholarship Coverage
Benefits of the Joint Japan World Bank Graduate Scholarship include the following for the recipient:
- Air travel in economy class during the commencement of your study programme and just after the scholarship period ends, between your home country and the host university.
- Scholars will receive two-way airfare, a travel stipend of US $500 each trip, tuition for their graduate programme, and the cost of basic medical insurance via the institution in addition to these benefits.
- A monthly subsistence grant to cover all living expenditures (housing, food, books, etc.) while on campus throughout the scholarship period. Depending on the host nation, the allowance’s amount varies.
Note that all JJ/WBGSP scholarships are good for two years, or the length of the graduate programme, whichever is less.
Not included in the JJ/WBGSP scholarship are:
- Cost of the VISA application(s)
- The cost to travel and/or provide for a scholar’s family members;
- Extracurricular training or courses;
- Courses that don’t count towards the graduate degree’s minimal credit requirements;
- Training in languages not offered by the graduate programme;
- Extra travel that is required for the study programme;
- Expenditures for fieldwork, research, extracurricular activities, field trips, workshops, seminars, internships, or educational supplies like computers.
- Fee for a resident permit
Eligibility Criteria for Joint Japan World Bank Graduate Scholarship
- Required Languages: English
- Eligible Countries: All World Countries
- Not hold dual citizenship of any developed country;
- Be in good health;
- possess a Bachelor’s degree, or its equivalent, obtained no less than three years before the application deadline;
- Possess three years or more of recent experience working in development following the completion of a bachelor’s (or comparable) degree;
- Have a full-time, paid job connected to development at the time the scholarship application is submitted.The sole exemption to this rule is for citizens of developing nations who reside in nations that are listed as fragile or conflict-ridden states on the most recent list that is sent to applicants in the Application Guidelines for each scholarship call.
- Be admitted unconditionally (barring funding) to at least one of the JJ/WBGSP preferred university master’s programmes for the upcoming academic year on or before the deadline for scholarship applications. The programmes must be located outside of the applicant’s listed country of citizenship and place of residence at the time the call for applications opens.
- Before submitting your application, you must attach the letter of admission.
- Not work for the World Bank Group as an Executive Director, his or her alternate, or staff member, nor be a close relative of any of the aforementioned by blood or adoption, with the following categories being considered close relatives: mother, father, sister, half-sister, brother, half-brother, son, daughter, aunt, uncle, niece, or nephew; *Note that all qualifying requirements are properly followed. Not an exemption
How to Apply for Joint Japan World Bank Graduate Scholarship?
Please follow the following steps to avail this scholarship:
- Prior to being accepted into any of the Partner Masters Degree Programmes, you must submit an application. Contact the relevant university with questions about how to apply for admission to a Partner Masters Degree Program(s).
- Register for a scholarship on the website from here.