International students can apply for the fully funded NIG Postdoctoral Fellowship 2024. Up to three years may pass after the first day of work, with yearly reappointments. This fellowship will offer an approximate yearly income of 4,100,000 JPY, tax paid, mutual society health insurance, a conditional commuting allowance, and compensation insurance.
To develop research at the National Institute of Genetics (hereinafter, “NIG”) and cultivate researchers with exceptional research ability, the institute hires young, promising researchers as NIG postdoctoral research fellows (hereinafter, “NIG postdocs”) and involves them in research activities at the institute for a set period.
The Ministry of Education founded the National Institute of Genetics (NIG) in 1949 intending to teach and promote fundamental genetics research as well as the integrated and applied study of theory.
|WhatsApp Group||Join Now|
|Facebook Group||Join Now|
- Level of Study: Postdoctoral
- Institution(s): National Institute of Genetics
- Study in: Japan
- Opportunity Focus Areas: See the list below.
- Program Period: Period of employment is up to 3 years from the initial date of hire with reappointment on an annual basis.
- Deadline: is April 1st, 2024, however, it may be changed to any date between November 1st, 2023, and October 1st, 2024
- Prince of Songkla University PhD Scholarships 2024
- ANU Master of Philosophy Scholarship 2024 (Fully Funded)
- Harrison Middleton University Fellowship in Ideas 2024
- Cornell University Scholarship For International Students 2024
- Future Global Leaders Fellowship 2024 in USA
- Genome Informatics
- Plant Genetics
- Evolutionary Genetics
- Ecological Genetics
- DNA Data Analysis
- Population Genetics
- Symbiosis and Cell Evolution
- Model Fish Genetics
- Multicellular Organization
- Brain Function
- Molecular and Developmental Biology
- Cell Dynamics and Signaling
- Plant Cytogenetics
- Mammalian Neural Circuits
- Microbial Physiology
- Mouse Genomics Resource
- Molecular Cell Engineering
- Genome Dynamics
- Cell Architecture
- Invertebrate Genetics
- Quantitative Mechanobiology
- Systems Neuroscience
- Chromosome Biochemistry
For more information click here.
- The employment period is three years from the original hire date, with yearly reappointments.
NIG Postdoctoral Fellowship 2024 Coverage
NIG Postdoctoral Fellowship provides
- Annual salary approx. 4,100,000 JPY including tax will be paid.
- Mutual society of health insurance,
- Commuting allowance (conditional),
- Employment insurance will be covered.
- Compensation insurance
Eligibility Criteria for NIG Postdoctoral Fellowship 2024
The candidate must meet each of the conditions listed below to be eligible for the NIG Postdoctoral Fellowship at the National Institute of Genetics in Japan:
- Language Required: English
- All nations throughout the world are eligible.
- those who possess the necessary research abilities to work on genetics-related initiatives.
those who have earned a Ph.D. (or its equivalent) or are anticipated to do so. The degree needs to be earned before the start date of employment.
- Applications from those who were enrolled in NIG as of March 31, 2023, are not accepted.
- Application is not open to current or previous postdocs, NIG technical personnel, or graduate students (at SOKENDAI’s Department of Genetics). Internships and other transitory stays are not considered.
- It is anticipated that NIG postdocs will have a favorable impact on the vitality of NIG research as a whole. They must, for instance, actively engage in NIG colloquia, NIG retreats, and poster sessions. Research proposals that necessitate a prolonged stay at an institution or university outside of NIG are therefore typically not approved.
- At the end of their employment term, NIG postdocs are expected to present their work at the NIG colloquium.
- Publications need to acknowledge the NIG postdoc grant’s assistance.
How to Apply for NIG Postdoctoral Fellowship 2024
To apply for an NIG Postdoctoral Fellowship at the National Institute of Genetics in Japan, please follow these instructions:
(1) Send PDF versions of the following materials via email only after discussing your research idea with your potential principal investigator.
NIG Website: For contact information and research summaries of PIs hiring postdocs, please visit our website.
(2) Get the following paperwork ready. Forms 1 through 4 in the designated formats are available for download from the website. When preparing the documentation, bear the following considerations in mind.
- Applications need to be completed in either English or Japanese.
- In Formats 2 and 4, figures can be included and color can be utilized.
- Don’t alter the page count, size (A4), or arrangement.
- Supervisor and Host PI Reference Letters No. 2.
(3) After the files have been combined into a single PDF file, send them to this email: firstname.lastname@example.org.